What's Cooking (in Yvonne's Kitchen)?

I've changed the name of this blog to What's Cooking (in Yvonne's Kitchen) because I will be getting a kitchen of my own very soon, it maybe small but will be able to produce more goodies to share with everyone!

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Sour Cream, Chive & Cheddar Cheese Bread


To say I love cheese is an understatement. I don't know since when I've fallen in love with formage and this relationship is definitely not going anywhere but getting stronger.

I often have eyebrow-raising facial expression whenever I come across a good, wholesome recipe that uses generous amount of cheese in bread, like this one.

I've modified the recipe to satisfy the palatte of cheesemania such as myself. So I quickly shop for the finest and freshest ingredients I can get on hands to bake this sour cream, chive abd cheddar cheese bread. Here's the recipe:

Ingredients:
1 packet (11 g) dry yeast
2 tablespoon honey
1/4 cup hot water
1 cup sour cream
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup organic wholemeal bread flour
1 1/3 cups all purpose flour, sifted
1 cup or 200g premium cheddar cheese (I love Cracker Barrel or Emborg), cubed
2 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
2 tablespoon freshly ground pepper
1/4 cup permasen cheese, grated (to coat the crust)


Procedure:
1. Preheat the oven at 170 degree Celsius.
2. In a heat-proof glass, stir in the the honey with hot water, then mix the dry yeast. Let stand for 2 minutes to foam.
3. In a mixing bowl, add sour cream, eggs, salt and 1/2 cup of all purpose flour and beat until combined.
4. Stir in the remaining flour (both wholemeal and all purpose flours) and slowly mix until the dough comes to a moist and sticky consistency.
5. Add the cheese cubes and fresh chives into the dough until they are evenly mixed. Then, stir in the pepper.
6. Slowly pour the dough into a greased 10-inch round bread pan and let the it rise till it doubles in size (about one hour).
7. Use beaten egg or melted butter to coat the top with permasen shreds.
8. Bake for 25 ~ 30 minutes or until the crust turns golden in colour.
9. Cool for 15 minutes before removing the bread from the pan to the rack.


One of the greatest perks of baking is that the aroma always permeates the room... this one will linger for hours.

I love using fresh and premium quality ingredients to cook. Yes, they can hike up the costs by a landslide, but the end result worths every single penny you pay.
Love the permasen coated crust, it's so sinfully good!!!

After taking the photos of this bread, I just couldn't wait to sample the first bite of this freshly-baked babe. I tell you... it was a WOW moment!After taking the photos of the full loaf, I can't wait to showcase the "inner beauty" of this bread. Did you see the mouth-watering cheddar cheese pockets? Hmmm... there are no words.


This is one of those super delicious and cheesy bread specially designed for cheese lovers. Did I mention that this is a super easy no-knead bread?

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 6:37 PM, Blogger farah_hanani said...

hello miss woi.
just to drop by to say that i like your foodblog. i've been reading all your post actually and the best part about this blog is the graphics of the food. its mouthwatering.
i decided to drop comments because i just love the cheese bread recipe. like you, i appreciate food too although my cooking skills needs to be improved hoho.
keep up with the cooking!

P/s i'm an ex-CIMP student year 2007. never took your class but who doesnt know you in CIMP? heh.

 
At 7:50 AM, Blogger KawaYvonne said...

hi farah,

Thanks for reading the posts on my blog. And also the compliments, I have so much to learn in food photography and my camera phone is kinda limited, but that's all I have for now, till I get my SLR toy and good macro lens.

Hopefully, by then I will have more exciting and tantalizing food photos to share with you and others.

What do you like to cook? Please share some of your recipes with me. Cooking is not hard, it only takes a little bit of time and love to prepare wholesome meal for your loved ones :D

 
At 5:30 AM, Blogger ColdShadow said...

Haiya Ms. Woi, dunno u have a blog ^^ It must be very goob being able to cook... T.T
*sob*sob* I can't!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home