What's Cooking (in Yvonne's Kitchen)?

I've changed the name of this blog to What's Cooking (in Yvonne's Kitchen) because I will be getting a kitchen of my own very soon, it maybe small but will be able to produce more goodies to share with everyone!

Saturday, June 23, 2007

Guacamole (Mexican Avocado Dip)

This is my all-time favorite Mexican dip that I make from time to time (or whenever I can buy good Haas avocados). It is a perfect complement to chips and quesadilla (qua-se-dia). Since Australian avocados are in season now and I got four for RM10 at the night market so I decided to make guacamole.

Key ingredients for the dip--Haas avocados, lime, garlic, shallot and green chilli. I cannot get serano or jalepeno chillies in Malaysia, I decided to substitute with green chillies.

Did I mention how super easy it is to make this dip?



Ingredients:

2 riped Haas avocados (cubed)

3 cloves of minced garlic

1 minced shallot

1 jalapeno or green chili (de-seeded and chopped finely)

1 tbsp lime juice

some salt

½ tsp lime zest (for the extra kick)

some coriander leaves (chopped finely)


1. Mix the garlic, shallot, chili, lime juice and lime rind together in a bowl.

2. Stir in the avocado cubes and mix well

3. Season with salt and toss the coriander leaves

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home